Combigan (Brimonidine/Timolol) eye drops is a combination drug of brimonidine and timolol. Brimonidine reduces the amount of fluid in the eye, leading to decreased pressure in the eye. Timolol is a beta-blocker that also reduces pressure inside the eye. Combigan eye drops are used to treat increased pressure in the eye caused by open-angle glaucoma or a condition called Ocular hypertension. Both the conditions are caused by high pressure in the eyes and lead to pain and may cause vision issues.
• Take the dosage as prescribed by your physician.
• Read the instructions on the label carefully before consumption.
• Do not use the medication past the expiration date. (The expiry date refers to the last day of the month).
• It is advised to remove the soft contact lens if you use.
• Before use:-
• Do not double up the dose to make up for a missed one.
• Always inform your doctor and pharmacist of all the current medications you are on, any medical conditions and food allergies.
• Let your doctor know if you taking any OTC meds. Combigan can interact with the working of some medications and vice-versa.
• Do not take this medication if you are (hypersensitive) or allergic to Combigan or its ingredients.
• Do not use if there is a history of asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or a serious heart condition.
• Consult your physician if you have:-
Congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, history of stroke or blood clot.
• Drowsiness, tired feeling
• Mild itching, redness or irritation in the eyes
• Mild stinging or burning when using the eye drops.
• Visit Emergency if: -
Please note: - Although not all of these side effects may occur if they do occur they may need medical attention. Also, the above mentioned side effects are only a few of the many possible, for more details please contact your physician or pharmacist.
• I am breastfeeding, should I take Combigan (Brimonidine/Timolol)?
It is not advised to take Combigan (Brimonidine/Timolol) if you are pregnant, as the medication is observed to be transmitted to the infant via milk. Please consult your doctor if this is the case.
• Where should I store my medication?
Store Combigan (Brimonidine/Timolol) at a temperature of 15° to 25°C. Protect from light and do not freeze.
• Can I take Combigan (Brimonidine/Timolol) with other medications?
Any medications currently in use should be informed to the doctor and to the pharmacist before using Combigan as it may interfere with the working of other medications.
• Is Combigan (Brimonidine/Timolol) available as ‘Over the Counter’ medication?
No, one needs a prescription to order any strength of Combigan (Brimonidine/Timolol).