Jardiance is available in 10mg and 25mg from RxConnected. It is used to treat high blood sugar & type 2 diabetes. Similar to other medications that treat diabetes, it should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise. This medication is also known as Empagliflozin, and it is used in patients with type 2 diabetes. Jardiance is effective by removing sugar from the kidneys.
• Take the dosage as prescribed by your physician.
• Read the instructions on the label carefully before consumption.
• Do not use the medication past the expiration date. (The expiry date refers to the last day of the month).
• Jardiance is usually taken once a day.
• Swallow the tablets with a whole drink of water.
• Jardiance can be taken with or without food. • Jardiance is not crushed or chewed.
• The treatment with Jardiance is only a part of the entire program that may also include exercise, weight control.
• Do not double up the dose to make up for a missed one.
• Always inform your doctor and pharmacist of all the current medications you are on, any medical conditions and food allergies.
• Let your doctor know if you taking any OTC meds. As Jardiance can interact with the working of some medications and vice-versa.
• Do not take this medication if you are (hypersensitive) or allergic to Jardiance.
• Do not take if you suffer/suffered from minor or major liver disease.
• Do not take if you have/had bladder infections
• Consult your physician if you have low blood pressure.
• Consult your physician if you have problems with your pancreas, including surgery.
• Contact your doctor if your urine test shows that you have ketones in the urine.
• If you are prescribed glucagon, please ensure your friends/family know how to give this injection.
• Bladder pain
• Bladder infection
• Vaginal yeast infection
• Bloody or cloudy urine
• Vaginal discharge
• Itching, stinging or redness in the vaginal area
• Lower back pain
• Pain during sexual intercourse
• Visit Emergency if: -
- Little or no urination
- Dehydration symptoms- dizziness, weakness, feeling of passing out.
- Ketoacidosis- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, confusion, unusual drowsiness
- Signs of a bladder infection- pain during urination, increased urination, blood in your urine, fever, pain in the pelvis.
• Some women experience irregularity in menstrual cycles (periods), depression, anxiety and may have trouble in breastfeeding.
Please note: - Although not all of these side effects may occur if they do occur they may need medical attention. Also, the above mentioned side effects are only a few of the many possible, for more details please contact your physician or pharmacist.
• I am pregnant, should I take Jardiance?
If you think/are pregnant you should inform your doctor as blood sugar control is very important during pregnancy.
• I am breastfeeding, should I take Jardiance?
It is not advised to take Jardiance if you are breastfeeding.
• Where should I store my medication?
Jardiance should be stored at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
• Can I take Jardiance with other medications?
Any medications currently in use should be informed to the doctor and to the pharmacist before using Jardiance as it may interfere with the working of other medications.
• Is Jardiance available as ‘Over the Counter’ medication?
No, one needs a prescription to order any strength of Jardiance.
• Can Jardiance be prescribed for Children?
No, It is not advised to use this medication by anyone who is 18 years old or younger.